Eliminating the 5 Most Common Indoor Allergens in Thomasville, GA
No matter how frequently and thoroughly you clean your house, some unwelcome intruders will always find their way inside. With every breeze that comes through your windows, every person who enters your home and every speck of dirt that arrives on your pet’s fur, these microscopic invaders wreak havoc on your eyes, nose, skin and lungs. Let’s identify and say goodbye to the five most common indoor allergens in Thomasville, GA.
What Are Allergens and What Do They Do?
Allergens are microscopic, airborne substances that irritate the respiratory system when inhaled. They cause or exacerbate allergies and respiratory conditions such as asthma. Since some respiratory illnesses are extremely serious, allergens have the potential to cause major health problems.
What Are the Most Common Indoor Allergens?
There are dozens of different allergens that get into your home, but some are more prevalent – and more bothersome – than others. Once these particular allergens get inside, you’ll know because a chorus of coughs, sneezes and throat-clearing will soon begin. Let’s have a look at the top five offending allergens:
- Pollen: Pollen is in the air year round, unlike some allergens that only show up during warm weather. Pollen is most well-known for irritating allergies and causing red, itchy eyes.
- Dust mites: As if being an airborne allergen isn’t bad enough, dust mites are actually microscopic arachnids that thrive in warmer, moist climates.
- Insect bio-detritus: This one is just downright disturbing. Insect bio-detritus is the body parts of dead insects such as flies, cockroaches and other bugs that have broken down into small, dust-like bits and picked up by the wind.
- Microbial: Microbial is present to some degree in every home, and it thrives in dark, damp areas such as basements, crawl spaces and attics. It causes all sorts of unpleasant health issues.
- Pet Dander: We adore our pets, but they often have dander, which is the equivalent of fur baby dandruff. When they scratch, roll around on the floor or furniture, and when we pet them, the dry dander becomes airborne and gets everywhere – including in the nostrils!
Say Goodbye to Indoor Allergens
Although the descriptions of the various allergens found in the air inside your home sound like something out of a horror movie, they are removable, leaving the air clean and safe. A reputable HVAC company will improve your home’s indoor air quality and protect your loved ones from these unhealthy invaders. An HVAC specialist has several methods to choose from to remove allergens from your home including air purifiers, dehumidifiers, UV light technology and more.
Don’t let these contaminants cause your family any discomfort or health issues. Contact Waller Heating & Air Conditioning today to schedule an appointment. You’ll sleep well at night knowing that your loved ones are breathing only fresh, clean and safe air!
Image provided by iStock